ESI Design is seeking a Senior 3D Designer to join our Visual Design & Media Production Department. In this role, you will expand our Visual Design capabilities and help deliver awe-inspiring media content.
Designers at ESI are part of the process from start to finish. They work hands-on to create concept design approaches and see them through final production. The Senior 3D Designer role will need to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team, from content design to creative technology. They need to have the ability to manage themselves or a team or artists to maintain the highest visual standards from concept to completion. Designers need to have a nimble design sense and an ability to explore many visual design approaches.
• Strong conceptual thinker. Designers are expected to not just execute ideas but also be a part of the initial creative process.
• Good communicator. Ability to design and articulate your concepts in a clear, concise manner to both internal design teams and clients
• 3D minded. Design background strongly grounded in 3D. Intimate knowledge of industry tools such as Cinema4D, Maya or 3D Studio Max along with Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of creative technology / real-time software (Unreal or Unity) is a plus.
• Technically savvy. Work alongside Technical Operations Manager to recommend technical pipeline procedures.
• Leadership skills. The role will require not only hands on concept design but also execution of final animation work and/or oversight and art direction of a freelance production team.
o Keep track of progress with other team members to make sure they hit their goals.
o The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
• Detail oriented. Ability to deliver a polished product under tight deadlines with impeccable attention to detail.
The ideal person
• 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced professional design firm, agency or production house
• Bachelors degree in design or related studies
• Strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and management skills
• Flexible design sense
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrates flexibility in addressing complex problems
• Likes to stay abreast of the latest design trends, art, and creative technologies
• Hungry to learn and grow and can take critique well
• Extremely organized and efficient
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org