We are seeking an interaction designer who is highly motivated, with a strong interest in design and technology applications and innovations for site-specific experience design. Working as part of a large cross-disciplinary team, the Interaction Designer must be comfortable with a human-centric approach, in which the experience and use of technology always serve the needs of the user. The candidate should be able to clearly document and communicate the user experience for various personas and environments. Knowledge of software and media platforms, as well as hardware, and its limitations is important.
• Ideation with a focus on interaction design, working with project teams during research, concept, design, and production phases
• Close collaboration with interdisciplinary design team and principal designer
• Presenting designs internally to design team and externally to clients
• Production of design documentation and presentation materials from early concept through software and media production documents such as wireframes, sitemaps use cases, flow diagrams and storyboards
• Preparation of documentation to provide external vendors with information to complete software and media development bids
• Expertise in designing interactive experiences – spanning a range of platforms from digital to spatial installations preferred
• Strong understanding of software and media platforms for web, mobile and large scale displays, including various interface & creative technologies
• Meticulous document production skills
• Experience in creating prototypes of both high and low fidelity
• Good presentation and communications skills and demonstrated ability to work well with team members
• An advanced degree specializing in interactive technologies, interactive design, multi-disciplinary design, or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience in the field
The job is based in New York City. This is potentially a freelance-to-perm position.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org